Sunday, January 23, 2022

Neighborhood Hawk Encounter

 


I have always said the birding hobby is one that travels well! And that you just never know when a cool encounter will occur. My post on our neighborhood Facebook site sums up a bike ride last week that would a bonus. I was happy to have my iPhone with me that I brought to play music. 

The setting really made the photographs, I feel. The Red-shouldered Hawk was on a light pole when Alesia first spotted it. When we stopped our bikes, the bird flew a short distance away to this crepe myrtle tree. The peeling bark has a neat look don’t you think? 


A free water color app called Waterbrush gives the hawk and the setting a nice look as well. 


A few residents shared that they too had seen a hawk in the area where we saw this one, and at least one shared a photo. This post also shows the differences between the Red-shouldered Hawk and close cousin Red-tailed Hawk on a church steeple that I posted about a couple weeks ago. 

No comments: