Monday, November 20, 2023

Charleston Mercury Advertisement

I took the pricey plunge and decided to pay for an advertisement in the monthly Charleston Mercury newspaper. I have been a subscriber for several years and feel the Mercury's readership includes many folks who might like what I did with "Stories from the Underground: The Churchyards of Charleston."

I paid for a quarter-page ad but I think I got more for my money as the ad seems a little larger. And I received the three Santas at no extra charge! 


Here's the full-page view. I like how I am paired with one of Charleston's premier antiques shops, Geo. C. Birlant & Co.  located at 191 King St. 


My ad is in the Mercury's glossy holiday insert. According to the Mercury's director of account services, the paper reaches 50,000 household members. 


I designed the ad myself using Adobe Indesign. I have also used InDesign to layout all of my books except the first one. 


Here's the paper's front page of the November 2023 issue. The Mercury used to be called the "salmon sheet" because the paper had long been a pinkish color. But last year, I think it was, the Mercury made changes and now it's a more traditional color. It is printed by Charleston's daily newspaper, the Post and Courier. 




I liked this message on the page before my ad. Happy holidays to you and yours! 

No comments: