Sunday, October 9, 2022

Fun First Signing Event

Saturday, Oct. 8 was a beautiful fall day, perfect weather for a book signing outdoors. This was in my North Charleston neighborhood, Coosaw Creek. I received permission to have the event in the covered area near the pool. The spot is referred to as the cabana. 

At Walmart earlier in the morning, I picked up some tablecloths with seasonal colors. 

The main attraction was my new release, “Stories from the Underground: The Churchyards of Charleston.” I’m so pleased with this book, four years in the works. This is my first with a dust jacket!

I also had my older books on display and a few of them found new homes. 

The signing went well and was a nice kickoff to a fall flurry of book activities in the works.

Two of my “Churchyards” books were sent to Colorado for my parents and sister Ann and her husband Paul. They all live in Colorado in the Estes Park area. Ann and my father gave critical contributions by reviewing and proofreading my manuscript. They have helped me with this for all of my books. Much love and appreciation family! 

My next event is Sunday, Oct. 23 in Orangeburg at the Broughton Street Cafe. Then on Saturday, Nov. 5 my neighborhood is having a big arts and crafts fair that I will be part of. And the next day I am having a book signing at Second Presbyterian Church at 342 Meeting St. in Charleston. 

See the schedule above left for more upcoming book events. 











My sister Ann shows my book’s coffee table potential! 

No comments: