Sunday, December 11, 2022

Time to Sign at Terrace Oaks Antiques Mall

 

With my table surrounded by old clocks, it was my time to shine and sign books. 

Many thanks to Terrace Oaks Antiques Mall owner Camille Wish (pictured) for the opportunity. 





I am also thankful to Camille for inviting me to speak on Dec. 1 to her Rotary Club of St. Andrews. 







At Bessinger’s BBQ on Savannah Highway, where the group has is meetings, I spoke for 20-25 minutes on my new “Churchyards of Charleston” book. 

I met Camille several years ago at Bethel United Methodist where she is church historian. She spoke a time or two to my College of Charleston “Beyond the Grave” students. 




Back at Terrace Oaks, it was a real treat to meet Rev. Dr. Edward Counts and his wife Donna. 

They were most interested in seeing my new book that features on the cover St. John’s Lutheran Church. Reverend Counts was pastor of St. John’s for 20 years. 

They bought four of my “Churchyards of Charleston” books as Christmas gifts for their four children. 

What nice people they are! 


This was my quaint cubby hole for the 4.5 hours I had the pleasure of spending at the business that touts itself as the Lowcountry’s first antiques mall, dating back more than 25 years ago. 







I love places like this! I did a little holiday shopping myself this day and plan to go back this week to do some more. 

One item I picked up is the large Santa Claus ornament shown below.

Happy Holidays everyone! 








No comments: