Monday, December 5, 2022

St. Mary of the Annunciation a Shining Signing Success!

 

Alesia and I met so many nice people at yesterday’s Sunday book signing at this beautiful old church on Hasell Street downtown. 







St. Mary of the Annunciation Catholic Church dates to the 1830s and is the oldest Catholic church in America south of Virginia. 

The church recently received an exterior paint job. Inside, there are scaffolds behind the altar for work inside. 




There are also major renovations going on next door at the fellowship hall and education building. You see some of that behind my book table. 

This signing was planned months ago and I thought the big day would never arrive. 







I wore my Sunday best, of course! Thank you Lord for the nice weather for the outdoor event.

Alesia and I were set up after both the 9 and 11 a.m. Masses. The priest announced our presence and the event was mentioned in bulletins in past weeks. 



I donated a book to St. Mary’s pastor Reverend Monsignor Anthony Droze. It was a pleasure meeting this esteemed Charleston native. 









I met deacon Dr. Paul Rosenblum on Saturday when I stopped by for a little scouting mission. He was very helpful in identifying a good spot for our table set up. He is also the ports chaplain. 

Kudos also go to church administrator Becky Achterhof who helped green-light the signing several months ago. 

This signing was up there among the best ever, not only sales-wise but in hospitality, friendliness, and interest from the church members who stopped by our table and from a few out-of-town visitors we also met. 





Monsignor Droze showed interest in my books. Here he is looking at my Magnolia Cemetery “In the Arms of Angels” released in 2014. I just received a big new batch of this book in November. 








Nice surroundings wouldn’t you say? 





No comments: