Sunday, June 27, 2021

Big Talk at Summerville Church on My Graveyard Research!

It was a treat and honor to be the guest speaker Friday, June 25 at Bethany United Methodist Church in Summerville. About 50 members of the church’s Happy Hearts group attended their first get-together in more than a year due to the pandemic. 

My general theme was “How the Holy City Became So Holy.” I’m deep into writing a new book about Charleston’s 14 existing old churchyards, including the KKBE synagogue’s Coming Street Cemetery. Many thanks to Dot and Dick Prevette for the invitation and to Danny Trump for the audio-visual assistance. I can be contacted regarding my books and future such presentations at birdseyeviewspublications@gmail.com. 








One of the church members prepared this excellent barbecue lunch!  I first spoke at Bethany UMC several years ago after my Magnolia Cemetery "In the Arms of Angels" book was published. I hope they'll have me back here after I complete my new book.  

No comments: