Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Last Day of Spring- Summer is Here!

More beach scenes from the comfort of my chair set firmly in the sand at Station 17 on wonderful Sullivan’s Island, S.C. This was on Saturday, June 19, the last day of spring. Summer began officially the next day. 




Talented young woman to be able to walk and read at the same time!


007 James Bond may be visiting Charleston this weekend! This sleek yacht was seen leaving the harbor today. Destination unknown. It’s an Andiamo yacht model Pershing 108 out of Palm Beach, Fla. I saw on the web the price range for such luxury vessels is $300,000-$500,000. 


Named "Lori" this container ship is one big girl! I googled the ship name and found this piece about it being attacked in the Arabian sea by Iran. The article says the vessel is owned by Israel. Well that explains that then! Apparently Lori was not damaged. 



This contained ship, sans containers, was steaming into Charleston harbor. It's name is Washington Express. It's something that these ships have their own websites and how details can easily be found about present locations, recent ports of call, etc. 






It was pretty overcast all day at Sullivan's on this day but I still had a good time even though I left my beach bag at home with a new book I wanted to start reading. And the bag also had the speaker we use to play music. And my sunscreen was in it but Alesia had plenty for me to use. 

No comments: