Thursday, May 8, 2014

"In the Arms" Interest Sparks Second Printing


At Magnolia Cemetery on April 12 with
Superintendent Beverly Donald.
It was a beautiful day and a great turnout
for the first book signing!
Sales have been brisk of my new book, "In the Arms of Angels: Magnolia Cemetery- Charleston's Treasure of History, Mystery and Artistry." In April, the first two book signings, at Magnolia Cemetery and the College of Charleston, were very successful.



Except for a few copies, the first printing has sold out. I will receive the second shipment of books from my printer, 360 Digital Books, on May 22. I am proud to say my book is printed in America!

I am also starting to get the book into local stores and shops.
Along with being sold in Magnolia Cemetery's office (70 Cunnington Ave.), the book is now available at the College of Charleston Bookstore (160 Calhoun St.), The Shops of Historic Charleston Foundation (108 Meeting St.), and the Preservation Society of Charleston Book and Gift Shop (147 King St.).

June 6 new store update: "In the Arms" is also available at the Middleton Place Museum Shop, 4300 Ashley River Rd., Charleston; Tomlinson's Warehouse, 10155 Dorchester Rd., Summerville; and Mr. K's Used Books, Records & More, 5070 International Blvd., North Charleston.
The book is also available through Amazon.com.

I am also contacting libraries and historic societies about adding "In the Arms" to their collections. Speaking and book signing opportunities, like those scheduled in June at my church, St. John the Beloved, in Summerville, and in July with the Georgetown County Library, are being sought.

I have what I think is an interesting and engaging visual presentation about my cemetery research that I would like to share. This video report I did a few years ago about Magnolia Cemetery gives an overview of this historic and beautiful place of eternal rest. For more information about presentations and book signings, please contact me at 843.224.3112 or birdseyeviewspublications@gmail.com.

Details about "In the Arms of Angels" are in the post below.

No comments: