Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Old Ford T-Bird Needs Help!

The Charleston Post and Courier has weekly photography contests. Winning photos, as picked by the newspaper's veteran professional photojournalists, run in Sunday's paper. That day, the topic for the week's contest is announced.




Seeing "Forgotten Objects" as the subject, my mind quickly went to the old Ford Thunderbird I see in Orangeburg on my way to South Carolina State University where I teach communications courses.

Lo and behold! My T-Bird photo was selected by the editors as one of the two winning reader-submitted photos featured in the paper on Sunday, April 9.

This is the third time my photos have been selected for the newspaper's photography contest!








I think it would be great if someone made a project of restoring this classic old car.

It has me thinking about those guys in Las Vegas on the "Counting Cars" show and also Mike and Frank on "American Pickers."







Sunday's paper announced this week's contest topic: Steeples.

I am submitting this photos that I recently took from The Watch Rooftop Kitchen and Spirits, which is part of The Restoration hotel in Charleston on Wentworth Street near King Street.

There are many great views of the city from up there.

The three church steeples seen are, from right, St. John's Lutheran Church, Unitarian Church in Charleston and the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church.

Wish me luck!

No comments: