Monday, May 8, 2023

Chicago Busker Photo a Winning Entry

 

When opening the Sunday newspaper yesterday I had a good feeling! The previous Sunday upon seeing the Charleston Post and Courier’s next contest topic was “Musicians” I thought I might have a winning entry. 








In December 2018 Alesia and I flew to Chicago to visit our son Justin. We stayed at a nice hotel downtown not too far from the city’s famous Magnificent Mile shopping district along N. Michigan Avenue. 

On our walk on a rather gloomy, foggy day we encountered this gentleman playing his saxophone for tips. A noble busker indeed! 

I gave him some cash and asked if I could take his picture. He was good with that so I popped off a few shots. 


I really like the contrast between the dreary background with the tall, foreboding (though iconic) Chicago buildings and the pops of color from our musician with his golden sax and red Santa hat. 








I like this image so much that not long after that Chicago trip I had a large print made and framed. It’s on the wall in our TV room, just over my right shoulder as I write this blog post. 

In July we are returning to the Windy City to see Justin. As you see in this post from other Chicago visits you know I’ll be taking lots of pictures! 

2021 Chicago Visit

2012 Chicago Visit



No comments: