Friday, May 19, 2023

Proud Professor of the Year!

It has been quite a busy school year and now that it has ended I'm still catching my breath! 

Boosted I'm sure by the publication of my fifth book, I was voted by fellow faculty at South Carolina State University to receive the Department of English and Communications 2022-2023 Professor of the Year. 

It is a great honor and one I was always cherish! Alesia took this photo in our office prior to a speaking engagement I had earlier this week. Tilly is happy for me too! 

The plaque is amazing! We had an end-of-the-school-year lunch in Orangeburg at Ruby Tuesday's last week.

I was given the plaque then but quickly noticed Harwood was spelled Hardwood! Whoops! That frequently happens with my students when they email me. 

A colleague, Dr. Margaret Morris, took care of having the error corrected. 






Here's a photo I asked another colleague, Dante Mozie, to take of me with the corrected plaque. This was on May 12 before SC State's spring commencement. 

The next photo was taken while driving to Orangeburg. 











This was on May 10 at Ruby Tuesday's. Dr. Shafiqur Rahman, our former program director, took this photo. That's me at the end of the table on the left. I will always be grateful to Dr. Rahman who contacted me in 2014 about coming to teach at SC State. 








Here's Dr. Rahman! Such a great guy who pretty much founded SC State's communications program maybe 15 years ago. 









In our office, wall space is at a premium but I think I found a good spot for my "POY" plaque!  

No comments: