Tuesday, May 2, 2023

My “Birds of Magnolia Cemetery” Book Gets Renewed Attention!

 A few months ago I was contacted by Megan Parak from My Book Printer who wanted to interview me for her company’s “Author Spotlight” in May 2023.  Click here to read the story. 

The interview was about my first book, "The Birds of Magnolia Cemetery: Charleston's Secret Bird Sanctuary," which I self-published in 2011. Learn more about this book here. 

We did a phone interview a while back and as promised her piece dropped today. I couldn’t be happier with how she put it all together. And she put it on the company’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter sites. 

My Book Printer has printed several of my books over the years. I definitely recommend this Detroit area company to fellow writers. Charleston-based Palmetto Publishing is also very good. 

the article is in the Q&A format. I actually teach this interview format in my SC State feature writing class. I have a new high-quality example to share with my students! 


The piece includes this photo from my book. It is of a Yellow-crowned Night Heron flying low over one of the ponds at Magnolia Cemetery. Three years after publication of "Birds of Magnolia Cemetery," I put out a follow-up book titled "In the Arms of Angels: Magnolia Cemetery- Charleston's Treasure of History Mystery and Artistry." 

I sell all of my books on Amazon and will sign and sell books directly. If interested, see my Amazon author's page or email me at birdseyeviewspublications@gmail.com.  




No comments: